Books By Mail
Call 651-275-8534 to request the Books by Mail service and an application form will be mailed to you. Fill in the application form and return it to the library.
Requesting books After your application is approved, there are three ways you can request books:
- Online via the library's catalog. Select R.H. Stafford Library as your pickup location.
- Call your local library to make requests. Tell the librarian you are signed up for the Books by Mail service and that you want to request books by mail. Have your library card number ready.
- When returning books you have already received by mail, jot down on your checkout slip or a piece of paper the titles or types of books you want (e.g., mysteries, historical fiction) and return the list in the mailer bag.
Renew your books online through your Library Account. You may also renew materials using the library's mobile app, or by calling Janet Poff, the librarian in charge of home delivery, at 651-275-8534.
- Pull out and turn over the mailing label so that the Washington County Library address shows.
- Place books in the canvas bag, close the zipper, and use the plastic tie to secure your package.
- Give the bag to your mail carrier.