A Library Card
Most individuals who live in or pay library property taxes to Washington County are eligible for a free library card. Your library card is accepted at all Washington County Library and Library Express locations, Washington County Law Library, Stillwater Public Library, and Bayport Public Library.
Get a library card
- Provide proof of your current address and photo identification at any library to get a library card.
- Individuals with library cards issued by any Regional Library System in Minnesota may register and enjoy borrowing privileges.
- Non-Minnesota residents or individuals who do not have cards issued by a Regional Library System in Minnesota may purchase an annual Washington County Library card for $60.
New in February 2018, patrons can choose from seven unique library card designs. The redesigned cards offer Washington County Library patrons the opportunity to select a library card that reflects their library experience. The new library cards also offer a keytag option for convenience.
Patrons who have already signed up for a card and currently have the plain, white card may keep theirs if they want, or they can trade it in for a new design. Library staff will make sure the old library barcode carries over to the new card, so there’s no need to re-enter that information in any Washington County Library resources. Just stop by a Washington County Library location today to swap your card. Happy with your existing card? No problem. Keep it. It still works like a charm at any Washington County Library location, online at WashCoLib.org, and at participating Regional Library System in Minnesota libraries.
If you lost your library card, there will be a $3 replacement fee.
Swap for a newly redesigned library card
- Bring your existing white Washington County Library card to any library location.
- Stop by the desk to check out the new designs.
- Choose the design that reflects your library experience.
- Library staff will be able to transfer your assigned barcode to the new card (except at Stillwater, Bayport, or the Law Library).
- Give your old card to the library staff and start using your new one!
Non-profit organizations, government units, civic organizations, and businesses in Washington County can get an institutional library card that is good for one year. Two types of institutional library card are available: full borrowing privilege card or e-card. The full borrowing privilege card allows an institution to borrow library materials and access digital resources, such as e-books, e-audiobooks, digital magazines and subscription databases. E-cards only allow access to the library’s digital resources. Organizations that want an institutional library card must send a letter of request on their letterhead to:
Washington County Library
Attn: Institutional Library Cards
8595 Central Park Place
Woodbury, MN 55125
Please include a signature from a representative of the organization and say which kind of card is being requested. By making the request, the organization accepts responsibility for all use made of the card(s).