Where can you get tax forms and instruction booklets?
- Minnesota forms and booklets: Washington County Library will not have any printed Minnesota tax forms or booklets.
- Federal forms and booklets: Washington County Library will have a limited supply of printed federal tax forms and booklets. Contact the library if you are looking for a specific form or check the list of printed tax forms available at our libraries included on this page.
- Minnesota and federal forms and booklets may be downloaded at the library from the federal or state websites. Black and white printing is 15 cents per page. Washington County Library staff can assist with locating and printing online tax forms, but cannot give advice about which forms you may need.
- Minnesota forms and booklets: Taxpayers can request forms and booklets be mailed to their homes by calling 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094.
- Federal forms and booklets: Taxpayers can request forms and booklets be mailed to their homes by calling 1-800-829-3676 or on the IRS website.
Use the links below for online access to federal and Minnesota tax forms. Print forms at the library for 15 cents per page. Washington County Library staff can assist with locating and printing online tax forms, but cannot give advice about which forms you may need.
Federal Tax Forms
These are links to current versions on IRS website. Please check that the form has been updated to 2018 before downloading, as some updates are still pending.
Minnesota Tax Forms
Where can you get tax help?
- Seniors and low-income taxpayers can make an appointment with AARP volunteers for help in preparing federal and state income tax returns.
- The Minnesota Department of Revenue can help you find a free tax help site near you. Go online or call 651-297-3724.
- Qualifying taxpayers can receive help from VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) and TCE (Tax Counseling for the Elderly). Find more information on the IRS's VITA & TCE website.
Printed Tax Forms Available at Our Libraries
Federal tax forms
- 1040 forms and instructions books
- 1096 (Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns)
- 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income)
- W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement)
- W-3 (Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements)
Minnesota tax forms
The Minnesota Department of Revenue no longer provides state tax forms and instruction booklets to libraries. Washington County Library does not have any printed state tax forms or booklets.