Each year in March we celebrate Women's History Month! While the official celebration looks at the vital role women have played in American history, we think it's a great time to also look further and celebrate women's history around the world – don't forget, International Women's Day is Tuesday, March 8.
Ever wonder how this annual celebration got started? Explore the origins of this annual celebration with articles from History.com and Women's History.org.
Our librarians have gathered a variety of book lists featuring fiction, nonfiction, and more for readers of all ages. Take a peek at the lists below, then check out a book today!
- Nonfiction for Adults – Long and short, serious and fun, this collection of nonfiction shares true stories of women who broke the mold and women whose stories have only recently been told.
- Women in Science – Explore true stories about female inventors, biologists, programmers, anthropologists, chemists, researchers, and more.
- Great Historical Fiction – Expand your mind and your feels with stories about women's triumphs and struggles in fiction.
- Nonfiction for Teens – Get inspired by true stories of women fighting injustice, exploring feminism, and standing up for the things that matter.
- Women's History Month – These true stories dive deep into a variety of women's stories with a mix of young adult and adult titles perfect for teens.
For Kids and Families
- True Story Picture Books – Celebrate women in sports, medicine, art, architecture, and more with these true stories perfect for young readers.
- Chapter Books and Short Stories – Slightly older readers will love exploring these more under-the-radar stories about female pilots, bicyclists, and more. Trivia nerds can dive deep into collections with short stories of rebels, revolutionaries, and dreamers.
If you’re still looking for that perfect read, our librarians love to help! Fill out this form, connect by email, or talk to a librarian at your local branch. We’ll make sure you find your next great read.