Washington County Library currently has a limited number of hotspots available for checkout. Hotspots provide 4G Internet service within the T-Mobile network. You can place a hold on a hotspot through our catalog, contacting us by phone or email, or visiting your local library and requesting one in person.
- 1 week checkout
- No renewals allowed
- 1 hotspot checkout per card
Borrowing a Hotspot
Hotspots may be very popular, so we recommend using our catalog to check if a device is available and to place a hold. You will receive an email notification when the hotspot is available to pick up.
When picking up your hotspot:
- Find your holds on the library’s hold shelf. You should see a DVD case labeled HOTSPOT in red and white by your last name.
- Take this DVD case to the checkout desk. A staff member will exchange the DVD case for your hotspot kit.
You can also visit Washington County Library branch to see if a hotspot is available. Ask a staff member for assistance finding a hotspot or placing a hold on one.
When you check out a hotspot kit, it will include the following supplies:
- A Franklin T9 hotspot
- A charger for the hotspot
- A carrying case for the hotspot and charger
- Instructions and Troubleshooting Guides
When a hotspot is three or more days overdue, service will be shut off and cannot be restored. A lost, missing, or destroyed hotspot kit may accrue a $84 fee for replacement.
Instructions & Troubleshooting
Do you currently have a hotspot checked out? Use this Instructions and Troubleshooting Guide for assistance.
A portion of Washington County Library hotspots were funded with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310 – Library Services and Technology Act, Grants to States Program (LS-00-20-0024-20).