Enjoy storytimes with Washington County librarians! Let’s foster early literacy by talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing together.
This summer, we're offering a combination of virtual and in-person storytimes. Watch new storytimes on our Facebook page every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m., see archived storytimes on our YouTube channel, or find a storytime to attend in our online calendar.
Storytimes at Our Libraries
Washington County Library branches are holding outdoor and in-person storytimes. Check our events schedule the most current storytime schedule.
Storytime themes include:
- Family Storytime: For children of all ages and their families.
- Baby Storytime: For children up to 24 months and their caregivers. Enjoy rhymes, songs, toys, and books.
- Toddler Storytime: For children 2 and 3 years old.
- Preschool Storytime: For children preschool through kindergarten age and their caregivers. Siblings welcome. Stories, songs, finger plays, and more to encourage the development of early literacy skills.
Virtual Storytimes at the Library
Join Washington County Librarians as we sing, talk, read, write, and play together for storytime! To find additional storytimes, click the playlist icon in the top right corner of the video or visit our YouTube channel.
Storytime on the Go!
Join Washington County Librarians as we travel to locations around Washington County for storytime! We've visited county parks, local businesses, and more! To find additional storytimes, click the playlist icon in the top right corner of the video or visit our YouTube channel.
Other Online Resources
- Brightly Storytime – A video collection of full-length picture books read aloud.
- Storyline Online – Videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creative illustrations.
- Story Time From Space – Videos of astronauts read children’s books from the International Space Station!
- KidLit TV Read Out Loud – KitLitTV features a range of shows including storytimes, drawing lessons, interviews and more.