Job and Career Resources
Washington County Library can help with all steps of your job search process!
Check out these new resources we've added to our collection to help you find your dream job, nail the interview, or rethink your career.
Stop by the Job Corner at R.H. Stafford Library for books and resources to help with your job search.
Job Search & InterviewsFind career information, get live interview coaching, and visit the annual job fair.
Find resources to help draft a great resume, or bring your resume to R.H. Stafford Library and receive a free 10 minute review.
CareerForce Assistance Available
CareerForce help is now available at Park Grove Library and Hardwood Creek Library! Visit during their desk hours to receive one-on-one job search support, help writing applications, cover letters, and resumes, assistance filing for unemployment, and more.
Park Grove Library
Tuesday: 1-3 p.m.
Thursday: 1-3 p.m.
Hardwood Creek Library
Monday: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
eCommerce and Selling Online
Interested in selling online? This class will guide you through the decisions you need to make in order to get started selling your product or service online. Topics that will be covered include Wordpress and choosing an eCommerce platform, as well as selecting a payment platform such as PayPal. This workshop, hosted by Washington County Library and funded by MELSA, was presented by Keer Keer Creative. It will be available to watch through November 24, 2021.
Social Media Marketing
Why is social media so important for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)? Which social media should you use for specific target demographics? Learn the ins and outs of using four social media apps (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube) and why having social media accounts boosts SEO. This workshop, hosted by Washington County Library and funded by MELSA, will be presented by Keer Keer Creative. It will be available to watch until December 3, 2021.
JobLearn Workplace Skills
• Improve and learn new skills with LinkedIn Learning
• Prepare for career exams on LearningExpress Library
• Match your interests to a career with CareerForce Interest Profiler
Job Search and Interviews
• Get live interview coaching via JobNow
• Explore the Occupational Outlook Handbook
• Find career information via Career & Education Explorer
• Perform market research with Data Axle Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA)
• Receive help from a resume expert via JobNow
• Search catalog for resume books
• Participate in a free resume review at R.H. Stafford Library
Job Corner and Other Resources
• Visit R.H. Stafford Library for books and resources to help with your job search.
• Search for career books in our catalog
• NorthEast Metro Career Guide for students and young adults